Cardinal Management Ltd recognises that its operations have an effect on the environment. We are committed to provide continuous improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution. Every effort will be made to conserve resources throughout our operations. Our purchasing department will seek products and services of local origin and that are environmentally friendly. Cardinal Management Ltd maintains that a part of its environmental strategy is sustainable waste management and we recognise our responsibility to recycle materials where possible, we will minimise waste, and dispose through safe and responsible methods. Environmental laws and regulations will be regarded as setting the minimum standards of environmental performance.
Registration and compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements. We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will where possible buy green energy for company offices and facilities.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will seek to buy more environmentally friendly and efficient products.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to do.
- Cleaning materials will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licenced and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We will aim to reduce the number of home deliveries made by third parties to our offices
Monitoring and Improvement
- We will monitor the impact of our policy each year on our behaviours and review improvements.
- We will track the carbon impact of our company and seek to reduce it where practical to do so.
- We will monitor the number of deliveries made to our company by third parties and seek to reduce these where possible.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training and improved awareness of how their behaviours can be helpful in reducing our environmental impact.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance in supporting our business.
- We will use suppliers and contractors where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
Our success will be determined on an annual basis with a commitment to improve.
This document should be read in conjunction with Cardinal Management Ltd’s Carbon Reduction Plan.